Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Favorite

I recently did an open house displaying my books. I offered a cup of tea to the folks coming by. There was a large selection of teas to choose from but most of my friends chose the lemon ginger tea. Lemon is a good source of vitamin C and ginger is good for both medicinal and culinary purposes. Lemon and ginger work well together. This tea can be served hot or cold. Since summer is coming along with the warm weather I thought I'd share with you a recipe for iced lemon ginger tea.

Iced Lemon Ginger Tea

4 cups of water
Juice of 1 lemon
2-3 ginger tea bags  depending on your taste or 1/4 cup of freshly peeled and grated ginger
Sweetener as desired

Bring water to a boil. Add lemon juice and ginger. Let it steep for 20 minutes. Stir in the sweetener. Strain tea into a pitcher and cool in the fridge. Ice cubes may be added if desired. Serve with lemon slices.

Serves 6 people

Valerie Lull
Author, Ten Healthy Teas
Lullval@hotmail.com
www.valerielull.com

No comments:

Post a Comment